In recent years, the most significant difference in travel by air is the sharp increase in the cost of baggage. Strict rules on size in addition to numbers of bags and weight have raised the cost of flying significantly and making it very important to know how to pack the smartest way possible to avoid extra fees. In fact, many airlines do not offer any free checked luggage at all, choosing instead to charge at least $25 per each bag. In order to avoid these extra charges, find out how you can pack smarter and save money on travel with tips on travel from Bill Bailey Travel Club.
Tips On Packing From Bill Bailey
- Rolling Your Clothes – Not only does this save space, but avoids putting creases in your clothing.
- Avoid bringing extra shoes, wear comfortable shoes from the beginning.
- Pack outfits that can be mixed and matched.
- Do not carry items that you do not absolutely need.
- Follow the 3-1-1 rule. This won’t save you space, but it will save you from a headache when trying to get through airport security.
- Avoid spending a lot on souvenirs – it may cost you. Remember you have to repack these items and unless you got rid of something during your trip, your bag will be too full or too heavy, making you have to pay more on your return trip. If you must get a souvenir, try shipping it home instead and save money.
- Do not pack valuables such as jewelry. Although they don’t weigh a lot, they are generally not covered if your bag is lost or stolen in the airport. It is best just to avoid packing anything valuable at all.
Note: This is also a good word of advice for travelers looking to avoid being the target of a crime. If you are wearing jewelry that is large or expensive, you may be an easy target for those looking for a mark. It is best to leave the pricy jewelry at home.
- Save space by not packing a guidebook if you have a smart phone. Many of today’s guidebooks can be purchased in electronic form saving you space and making travel simpler.
We hope that you have and will benefit from these tips on travel. Bill Bailey Travel Club encourages you to pack smarter on your next vacation. Find easy ways to save money on travel such as packing lighter and make the most of your travel dollar. Enjoy all the great tips and advice on travel from Bill Bailey Travel Club. Check out more tips and advice from Bill Bailey Travel Club as your partner in travel and travel planning.