Summer is fast approaching and so is vacation. If you are planning a trip this summer, the time for planning is now. The more prepared you are, the more likely you are to make more of your time, money and experiences when you travel. Bill Bailey offers you valuable tips to help you begin your journey.
- Don’t wait to long, book early – The earlier you plan, the more likely you are to save on your accommodations, and other travel expenses including transportation.
- Don’t travel on the weekend – Weekends are not only busier but can also be 2 to 3 times more expensive. Travel during the week, Tuesday through Thursday are the best days unless there is a holiday which falls on these days.
- Know the rules – When you are traveling by air, know the rules for your baggage. Understand the 3-1-1 rule, what is and is not allowed in your carry ons and the size restrictions for your bags. This will help you save time and money as well.
- Drink plenty of water when you travel – No one likes feeling sick when they travel, unfortunately, stomach upset is a relatively common complaint. Dehydration is common when traveling by air and in warm and dry climates. Rather than drinking alcohol or carbonation, choose a bottle of water and keep your body healthy.
- Do not forget your sunscreen – A sunburn can be not only painful but also horrible for your health. Even if it is cloudy, it is easy to get burnt when outside. Water reflects light and makes you more likely to burn.
- Plan ahead but leave time to relax – Planning your vacation is a good way to avoid the unexpected however, over planning can ruin even the best vacation. Plan what to see and do, but leave yourself plenty of time to relax and enjoy the experience as well. Don’t rush from place to place, sit back and enjoy the experience when you travel, its your time, take advantage of it.
Bill Bailey Travel offers valuable services to help you travel. Learn more about travel, planning and much more with Bill Bailey Travel.