Traveling is a wonderful way to relax however, money and a budget generally limit the amount of time which can be spent traveling. The best way to get the most of every vacation experience is by maximizing your travel budget. From avoiding fees to getting the best rates and making every dollar count, we invite you to review the most helpful tips to consider when planning your next trip abroad and maximizing your travel budget.
Avoiding bank fees – There are many ways to avoid fees and charges related to travel. From ATM fees to transaction fees and foreign transaction charges, take a look at some easy ways to avoid these and other fees when you travel.
- Pick a bank which waives fees for ATM withdrawals
- Choose a credit card with no international fees
- Reduce the exchange rate penalty by using a credit card
Getting the best exchange rates – Getting the best exchange rates is a great way to make every dollar count to do so, consider the following tips:
- Use an ATM as the offer the best exchange rates after credit cards. Note: Choose ATM’s at banks only
- Don’t exchange money at the airport
- Only get what you will need out
Maximizing each dollar – Some believe that the only way to stretch a travel dollar is by visiting less attractions or staying in “cheap hotels” along the way however, this is not necessarily the truth. There are many ways aside from getting good exchange rates and skimping on your amenities and services to maximize your budget. Take a look at some of the other great ways to stretch your travel dollar.
- Take advantage of discounts – City passes for example offer great deals to top destinations.
- Try all inclusive – Be careful and know what is and is not included when using this tip.
- Be flexible in your trip dates – Fly when the prices are lower for example during the week and skip the weekends.
- Try off season travel – Or at least shoulder seasons to save hundreds.
- Budget and be realistic – Research your destination before you go and know the general costs when making your budget. Remember to include “fun” money for travel as well you will be much more likely to stick to a budget that caters to you and what you enjoy.
What do you do to maximize your travel budget?
Make the most of your travels with tips and reviews to help from William Bailey Travel.